OPTINERGY is expanding its dynamic team in a number of key areas. Based at our Irish offices the company now has an opening for the following:
Wind Farm Operations Controller
In a customer service role, control, co-ordinate and monitor operational activities across the Optinergy operations portfolio. Ensure the safe and efficient execution of site activity and accurate recording of site Performance.
- Be the 1st point of contact for customers
- Manage the day-to-day work control of the wind farm portfolio on a 24*7 basis
- Ensure safe, efficient and compliant operation of the wind farm portfolio
- Remote re-setting of the wind turbine faults to maximize energy capture
- Provide transfer control of wind turbine generator plant and/or LV apparatus, under Wind Turbine Safety Rules (WTSR)
- Update real-time energy trading related IT systems
- Produce reports from complex data sets
- Work with or develop skills with HTML and SQL servers
- Monitor weather forecasts and issue alerts
- Monitor site SCADA & CCTV systems to ensure safe operational conditions
- Ability to pay attention for long periods & work under pressure
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Act as emergency contact & initiate appropriate response procedures in emergencies
- Receive and initiate instructions as required
- Help to ensure that only competent persons are approved to work on wind farms
- Control orders for routine and non-routine maintenance work
- Ensure that training/medical records for operations staff are correct and up to date
- Assist with other H&S and Operational duties as required.
- Strong customer service experience or aptitude
- Trained or educated in either an electrical, mechanical or IT discipline
- Experience of working within rigorous safety systems
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Fluent English, both written and verbal
- Ability to adapt to work a shift pattern covering both day-shift and night-shift.
- Knowledge of power generating plant and apparatus
- Previous work experience in operation of wind farms
- Knowledge of LV/HV systems and WTSR
- Health and safety qualification (e.g IOSH Managing Safely) or experience
Environment: Opportunity to work locally in a growing, fast paced, innovative, engaging and friendly environment.
Hours: Shift Pattern including weekends, covering both day-shift and night-shift.
Contract: Permanent after 6 months probationary period.
Training: Optinergy actively encourages personal and professional development.
Equal opportunities: We follow an equal opportunities policy.
Salary: Negotiable – dependent on experience.
Location: Based in our Operations Center in Stradone, Co.Cavan
Interested candidates should send a C.V. and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you feel you are suitable for the above position.Apply