The Operations Director will be a key member of our Senior team. We require an experienced and
passionate person with strong knowledge and experience in the wind industry.
The objective of this role is to build on our technical expertise and operations leadership. Optinergy
needs to move to a new level of turbine technical analysis, guiding, supporting and developing the
field technician group, to achieve new levels of turbine availability in the short and long term thus
maximising client’s lifecycle returns.
The resolution of complex faults is a key element of the role and the right person will have the ability
to implement work strategies which results in minimising the downtime of the turbine.
An in-depth knowledge of major component works is also a critical focus and leading the Optinergy
field technicians in an effective, safe, and professional manner will be key to the success of the role.
You will provide positive leadership to diverse, multi-location teams, and work effectively with the
Optinergy Senior team, to grow a strong and engaged customer base. You will be able to respond to
challenges and identify opportunities to drive the business forward.
• Leverage your expertise across the multi-platform turbine fleet;
• Perform turbine parametric data analysis with a view to preventative action;
• Further develop best practice in turbine maintenance and operations;
• Nurture our culture of safety throughout the organisation;
• Lead the achievement of sustainable turbine availability and reliability;
• Lead the transition from reactive to predominantly preventative maintenance;
• Assure quality of service to clients, including effective client communication;
• Lead operational projects such as site based major component repairs and replacements;
• Lead improvements in our resource management;
• Act as a key technical support to Ops-control (our Operations Centre);
• Seek out and drive the highest value work and methods to deliver best in class O&M
• Drive the continued development of our maintenance management system;
• Report as required on specific technical and operational matters;
• By example encourage structured approaches supporting continuous improvement;
• Mentor operational and technical staff;
• Work effectively with all Optinergy Managers;
Clondargan Stradone Cavan Tel: +353 (0) 49 5555050
To excel in this role you will have:
• Sound general management / operations management experience in the wind industry;
• Proven track record in delivering Customer Service excellence;
• Solid understanding of financial management; including managing budgets
• Track record of delivering challenging performance targets and improving results;
• Commercial focus;
• Strong leadership and management skills preferably with experience of managing multi-
• Evidence of ability in recruiting, coaching and developing others and in achieving employee
engagement and satisfaction;
• Good written and verbal communication skills including presentation;
• Influencing and negotiating skills;
• Project management skills and experience;
• An interest in sustainability and a commitment to implementing our green business goals;
• Commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive work-place and an environment free of
bullying, harassment and discrimination;
• Operational risk management experience including Health & Safety and Employment
• Technological skills;
• Procurement skills;
• Ability to travel to multi-locations in Ireland and Northern Ireland;
• Attractive salary;
• Performance bonus;
• Fully expensed company vehicle;
• Contributory pension scheme;
• Death in service benefit scheme;
• Annual leave allowance which increases over time;
• Mobile phone ;
• Cycle to work scheme;
• Annual performance review;
Applications to Celine Kelly HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
We make a positive, irreversible change to the world of energy.
If you’d like to join us, then we’d love to hear from you.
Opportunities will appear here when available, or use the link below to drop us a line.